If you are in LA and enjoy a retro female film experience, you will want to be at Cinefamily's Lost and Found Film Club: How To Be a Woman tomorrow night. There will be "puberty lessons, breast exams, feminism, claymation body consciousness, and some straight up girl talk".
Here's the program:
1. Pickfair Fashion Show (1942)
2. The Color Of Love* – Dir. Peggy Ahwesh (1994)
3. Dear Diary: A Film About Female Puberty** – Dir. Debra Franco (1981)
4. To Be A Woman – Dir. Denis Maneri (1983)
5. Hot Air Specialists* – Dir. Jack Smith (1980′s)
6. Breast Self-Examination – Professional Research Inc. (1980)
7. The Woman When Sacred* – Dir. Walter Gutman (1986)
8. Miss Universe Pageant – (1960)
9. At 99: A Portrait of Tandy Louise Murch – Dir. Deepa Mehta (1974)
It's Wednesday 3/5 at 10 pm. More info here.
HOW TO BE A WOMAN